Water-Based Urethane Wood Finish
Product Number: 00228SF
Sport Kote with a satin finish. Full-matrix self cross-linking technology makes this ultra-rapid curing finish highly durable. There’s no sanding, catalyst or messy glues. Because it’s a single-component finish, you just pour and go. You can play on it the next day and it’s good for a year with proper maintenance. 500 million square feet of wood floor finished with Sport Kote says it all!
Satin Sport Kote is part of the Sport Kote System.
Features – Satin Sport Kote – 00228SF
- No sanding or screening
- Single-component – pour and apply
- No pot life
- Adheres to any sound gym floor coating
- Fast-drying – 60 minutes under normal conditions
- Play on it the next day
- Easily restored to like-new gloss
- Self cross-linking eliminates need for catalysts, gluing or heavy metals
- VOC-compliant in all 50 states
- Finish lasts for 1 year with proper maintenance
Directions – Satin Sport Kote – 00228SF
- PREPARE FLOOR: NOTE: This finish is not designed for application to bare wood floors. Use only on previously sealed surfaces. Use only after proper training.
SCRUB AND RECOAT: Dust mop floor and remove all chewing gum and labels. Prepare floor with Sport Prep (00425SF), following label directions.
NOTE: Test previously coated floor in an inconspicuous area before recoating to determine compatibility with existing finish. Apply no more than 2 coats in 24 hours and a maximum of 3 coats in 48 hours. See finish application instructions below.
- APPLY FINISH: Stir gently before using. Apply at a rate of 800-1000 square feet per gallon. Use a weighted T-bar with a clean, synthetic pad. Apply thin, even coats with the grain of the wood while walking at a slow, even pace. Walking too fast may produce excessive bubbling in the finish. Allow a dry time of at least 1 hour between coats. Humid conditions require longer dry time. After the first coat has dried, apply a second coat. It may be necessary to screen the first coat if grain raising has occurred or it has dried longer than 4 hours. If so, screen the floor with a previously used 120 grit screen or maroon pad. Always vacuum and tack thoroughly after screening.
NOTE: Check expiration date. Contact Essential for batch re-certification if expiration date is exceeded. Do not pour unused finish back into original container.
- MAINTAIN DAILY: Dust mop at least daily, or more as required, to keep floor dust and dirt free. Damp mop spills, salt residue, etc. with Sport Clean (01143SF) and a thoroughly wrung mop.
- MAINTAIN WEEKLY: If soil conditions are heavy, auto-scrub weekly with red pads and a 2 ounce per gallon dilution of Sport Clean (01143SF). Refer to the Wood Floor Care Wall Chart or Manual for further details.
CAUTION: Do not use cleaning compounds other than Essential’s Sport Clean (01143SF) as they will reduce product performance and longevity.
- RESTORATION: Dust mop floor. Follow restoration directions for Sport Prep (00425SF).
** See label directions and MSDS for complete usage and safety instructions.
Properties – Satin Sport Kote – 00228SF
- Type – Urethane/Acrylic Blend
- Form – Opaque Liquid
- Odor – Bland
- Color – Light Yellow
- Dried Film Color – Colorless
- Weight per Gallon – 8.65 Lbs.
- pH – 7.5 – 8.5
- Floor Solids – 29%
- 60° Gloss – < 30
- Storage Stability – Up To 1 Year, Unopened
- Freeze/Thaw – Passes 3 Cycles
- V.O.C. – <260 gm/l
Packaging – Satin Sport Kote – 00228SF
2 x 2½ Gallon:
UPC Code: 783366228034
Pack Size (in.): 14 x 9.5 x 15.25
Cube (ft.): 1.17
Pack Wt. (lbs.): 46.11
Full Pallet: 36