Water-Based Urethane Wood Finish
Product Number: 00222SF
Full-matrix self cross-linking technology makes this ultra-rapid curing finish highly durable. There’s no sanding, catalyst or messy glues. Because it’s a single-component finish, you just pour and go. You can play on it the next day and it’s good for a year with proper maintenance. 500 million square feet of wood floor finished with Sport Kote says it all!
Sport Kote is part of the Sport Kote System.
Features – Sport Kote – 00222SF
- No sanding or screening
- Single-component – pour and apply
- No pot life
- Adheres to any sound gym floor coating
- Fast-drying – 60 minutes under normal conditions
- Play on it the next day
- Easily restored to like-new gloss
- Self cross-linking eliminates need for catalysts, gluing or heavy metals
- MFMA-approved and UL-classified
- VOC-compliant in all 50 states
- Finish lasts for 1 year with proper maintenance
Directions – Sport Kote – 00222SF
- PREPARE FLOOR: NOTE: This finish is not designed for application to bare wood floors. Use only on previously sealed surfaces. Use only after proper training.
SCRUB AND RECOAT: Dust mop floor and remove all chewing gum and labels. Prepare floor with Sport Prep (00425SF), following the label directions.
NOTE: Test previously coated floor in an inconspicuous area before recoating to determine compatibility with existing finish. Apply no more than 2 coats in 24 hours and a maximum of 3 coats in 48 hours. See finish application instructions below.
- APPLY FINISH: Stir gently before using. Apply at a rate of 800-1000 square feet per gallon. Use a weighted T-bar with a clean, synthetic pad. Apply thin, even coats with the grain of the wood while walking at a slow, even pace. Walking too fast may produce excessive bubbling in the finish. Allow a dry time of at least 1 hour between coats. Humid conditions require longer dry time. After the first coat has dried, apply a second coat. It may be necessary to screen the first coat if grain raising has occurred or it has dried longer than 4 hours. If so, screen the floor with a previously used 120 grit screen or maroon pad. Always vacuum and tack thoroughly after screening.
NOTE: Check expiration date. Contact Essential for batch re-certification if expiration date is exceeded. Do not pour unused finish back into original container.
- MAINTAIN DAILY: Dust mop at least daily, or more as required, to keep floor dust and dirt free. Damp mop spills, salt residue, etc. with Sport Clean (01143SF) and a thoroughly wrung mop.
- MAINTAIN WEEKLY: If soil conditions are heavy, auto-scrub weekly with red pads and a 2 ounce per gallon dilution of Sport Clean (01143SF). Refer to the Wood Floor Care Wall Chart or Manual for further details.
CAUTION: Do not use cleaning compounds other than Essential’s Sport Clean (01143SF) as they will reduce product performance and longevity.
- RESTORATION: Dust mop floor. Follow restoration directions for Sport Prep (00425SF).
** See label directions and MSDS for complete usage and safety instructions.
Properties – Sport Kote – 00222SF
- Type – Urethane/Acrylic Blend
- Form – Opaque Liquid
- Odor – Bland
- Color – Light Yellow
- Weight per Gallon – 8.70 Lbs.
- pH – 7.5 – 8.5
- Floor Solids – 29%
- Storage Stability – Up To 1 Year, Unopened
- Freeze/Thaw – Passes 3 Cycles
- V.O.C. – <260 gm/l
* Properties are typical and subject to usual manufacturing tolerances.
Packaging – Sport Kote – 00222SF
5 Gallon Pail:
UPC Code: 783366222056
Pack Size (in.): 12 x 14
Cube (ft.): 1.17
Pack Wt. (lbs.): 46.08
Full Pallet: 36
2 x 2½ Gallon:
UPC Code: 783366222032
Pack Size (in.): 14 x 9.5 x 15.25
Cube (ft.): 1.17
Pack Wt. (lbs.): 45.86
Full Pallet: 36
4 x 1 F-style Gallon:
UPC Code: 783366222049
Pack Size (in.): 15 x 8.75 x 12.75
Cube (ft.): 0.97
Pack Wt. (lbs.): 38.70
Full Pallet: 36
- Lawrence Township Schools - “Our school system has used Essential’s Sport Kote on all of our 20 plus gyms for over 10 years. It's the best gym finish we have ever used. It holds up great all year long..."
- Rosati Kain High School - "It's the best our floor has ever looked. The prep and coating was very easy to do, and my gym was only down for 1 day..."
- Athens Area School District - "This letter is to let you know how pleased I am with Essential Industries Sport Kote gymnasium finish..."
- St. Louis School Districts - “I love the ease of use and prep time. I can coat multiple floors in one day with my crew. I know the floor will be perfect the next day...."
- Four Lakes Athletic Club - “I wanted to thank you with helping Four Lakes Athletic Club with rejuvenating our Gym Floor. Sport Kote was exactly what we needed..."
- Club Alouetta - “Sport Kote beats the Hell out of the competitors. Our floor looks great.”
- Canajoharie Central School District - “I just wanted to let you know that now after basketball season our gym floors still look good..."
- St. Lorenz Lutheran School - "St. Lorenz has been using the Sport Kote product for our gymnasium for over the past 10 years. It has proved to be an outstanding product that has preserved the quality and life of our wood floor. It is easy to apply, dries quickly so a second coat can be applied shortly, and there is no odor..."
- Blessed Sacrament School - "We recoated our gym floor with Sport Kote in August. Since the school year has started, the gym is used for several hours during the day and volleyball in the evenings. The floor has had a tremendous shine..."
- Clarksville Middle School - "This letter is to thank Essential Industries and Allied Cleaning Solutions for their professional and informative work in applying Sport Kote Finish to our middle school gym floor. Our floor had not been finished in almost 7 years..."