Fast-Drying, Water-Based Floor Seal
Product Number: 00226SF
This fast-drying, water-based floor seal creates an optimal protective seal for any floor finish. Sport Seal provides quick build, a rich amber hue and dramatically reduces the risk of sidebonding.
Sport Seal is part of the Sport Kote System.
Features – Sport Seal – 00226SF
- For new or newly sanded wood floors
- Fast-build formulation and rich amber color
- Easily abrades smooth with maroon floor pads
- Fast-drying – 60 minutes under normal conditions
- Dramatically reduces risk of sidebonding
- Coverage – up to 600 sq. ft. per gallon
Directions – Sport Seal – 00226SF
- Sand floor using appropriate NWFA/MFMA procedures. All old finish or wax should be removed.
- Finish sanding with a new 120-grit screen. Do not use steel wool.
- Vacuum all dust and tack with clean, water dampened towels or microfiber pads that have been tightly wrung out. Tack until all dust has been removed.
- Allow floor to dry until there is no sign of moisture.
(use on any new or newly sanded floors)
- Check moisture content of wood. It should be 10% or less before sealing.
- Apply seal with a weighted T-bar.
- Allow first coat to dry 1 hour (longer dry times will be necessary under high humidity). Recheck floor with moisture meter. If moisture reading is higher than starting point, allow more dry time.
- Buff floor smooth with a green or maroon pad. DO NOT BUFF WITH SAND SCREENS.
- Tack until all dust has been removed with clean, water-dampened towels or microfiber pads that are tightly wrung out.
- Apply second coat of seal using a weighted T-bar. Allow 12 or more hours of cure time.
- Repeat steps 4 – 5 from above.
- If desired, paint game lines using a high quality, 100% acrylic latex paint. If not painting, proceed to step 10 below.
- Allow game lines 24 hours of cure time. Then buff the lines with a green or maroon pad and tack the entire floor as directed in step 5 above.
- Apply 3 coats of Sport Kote (00222SF) or Satin Sport Kote (00228SF). See product label for complete details.
Note: If any grain raising is noticed between coats of Sport Kote (00222SF), buff the floor smooth with a green or maroon pad and tack.
** See label directions and MSDS for complete usage and safety instructions.
Properties* – Sport Seal – 00226SF
- Type – Acrylic Emulsion
- Form – Opaque Liquid
- Odor – Bland
- Color – Milky White
- Weight per Gallon – 8.65 Lbs.
- pH – 7.7 – 8.7
- Floor Solids – 20%
- Coverage – Up To 600 Sq. Ft. Per Gallon
- Slip-Resistance – N/A
- V.O.C. Content** – < 350 gm/l
* Properties are typical and subject to usual manufacturing tolerances.
**Not for sale in Southern California counties of Orange, Los Angeles, Riverside, and San Bernadino.
Packaging – Sport Seal – 00226SF
2 x 2½ Gallon:
UPC Code: 783366226030
Pack Size (in.): 14 x 9.5 x 15.25
Cube (ft.): 1.17
Pack Wt. (lbs.): 46.51
Full Pallet: 36